Volunteers and Membership
The French Lick Scenic Railway (Indiana Railway Museum) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit that relays on volunteers to promote its mission of promoting and furthering railroad history through the operation and preservation of historical railroad equipment.
Volunteers are always needed in a wide range of skill sets:
• Track maintenance
• Metal repair and fabrication
• Diesel engine maintenance and repair
• Railroad operations (to include Car Attendants, Conductors, and Engineers)
Volunteers will be required to participate in annual Safety and Operating Rules training. Those wishing to volunteer in Railroad Operations positions will receive extensive on-the-job training under the supervision of qualified crewmembers. Volunteers begin as Car Attendants and, with training, can work up to qualification as a locomotive engineer.
Volunteering at the French Lick Scenic Railway requires membership in the organization. The following membership levels are available:
This membership extends benefits to one person. It must be renewed annually.
$20 per person for one year.
This type of membership is the sale as the Individual Associate with a one-time-fee that does not require an annual renewal.
$200 per person.
This type of membership provides benefits to two adults and two children (ages 11 & under). The perfect deal for those who visit the Railroad often throughout the year.
$60 for a Family of 4
$10 per additional child (11 & under)
– Passage on any regularly scheduled Scenic Train Ride.*
– Subscription to the newsletter.
– 10% discount in the Gift Shop.
– Invitation to the Railroad’s Annual Dinner held in April every year.
– Opportunity to serve as a Railroad Volunteer.
*Passage for members only. On Wild West Hold-up trains, free passage is good only on 4:00pm train, provided there is space available. Not valid for special events.